Skip to main content

Recurring Dream - Essay 2

I've had the same recurring dream again and again since I've taken on my current position as a dry wall-subcontractor..  I'm sitting on a bench in South Carolina with a Guinness in one hand and a cigar in the other.  I'm sitting in the sun watching everybody.  Watching the beautiful people, but it's more than that.  I am one of the beautiful people.  There's no worries about making 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photos

The World of Grey - Essay

      I've been trying to find a hero in this world of Grey.      Looking for something concrete in the shadows of today.         The black and white of yesterday has merged into one.      The roads to our future are blending with today.      Mixing, blending, merging closer together in every way.      Closer, and closer but somehow further apart, we stand.      Trying to find a hero in our Grey land.      I've been sitting atop silver with my mask in hand. Silver bullets at the ready, but there's not a werewolf in the land.      John Wayne was insensitive and superman's been flawed.      Robin has been killed off so Batman now stands by himself alone.      GI-Joe has lost his innocence and the mighty Casey has gone on strike...

Pint of Guiness

      Around noon is when I start to think about it.  That first pint of Guiness.  When my shirt is sticking to the sweat that's pouring off of me.  My muscles ache with a dull pain.  I know will only increase as the day drags on and my head is pounding, with the thud of the hammer and constant roar of the generator.  That's when I first begin to smell the bitter slightly chocolate aroma.