Skip to main content

Photos

























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall in New England - Essay

     There's nothing like fall in New Hampshire.  The picturesque landscape, the cool crisp air, the peaceful feeling you get inside.  When I was young, my family would take its vacations in Lyme, New Hampshire.  We would visit a farm my Aunt Billie and Uncle Charlie owned.  It was a working farm at one time, however that was before I was born.  Now there are only a few cows and chickens left.  We would go up in the fall when the leaves start to change, and before the weather became bad.  The farm was all rolling fields that seemed to go on forever.  Just when you think that you couldn't go on any further you make it to the Connecticut River.  The River divides New Hampshire and Vermont.  It's a beautiful wide river gliding along strong and peacefully contradicted only by the erosion of its banks.  The banks are set about seven feet above the water, as it dug itself securely into the earth.  I never went swimmi...

Channel Five News

     The news program I watched was the Sunday Night 10 o'clock News on Channel Five.  I estimated commercials to take 8-12 minutes of this half hour program.  In the remaining 18-22 minutes approximately 2 minutes and 30 seconds could be considered creative and even these had negative overtones.  These stories included a two minute piece on children's safety tips in winter sports; and 30 seconds covering the Golden Globe Awards; the Queen's first time out in public since her accident and Prince Charles' people-meeting trip which has received no press coverage.      The rest of the show was filled with destructive stories ranging from the aftermath of the California earthquake to John Bobbit being sued by a woman who claims he fathered her child.   Some of the other stories included a woman who claimed she was kidnapped by the F.B.I. And threatened to keep quiet about her son's murder, of which she is a suspect; the Presiden...

The World of Grey - Essay

      I've been trying to find a hero in this world of Grey.      Looking for something concrete in the shadows of today.         The black and white of yesterday has merged into one.      The roads to our future are blending with today.      Mixing, blending, merging closer together in every way.      Closer, and closer but somehow further apart, we stand.      Trying to find a hero in our Grey land.      I've been sitting atop silver with my mask in hand. Silver bullets at the ready, but there's not a werewolf in the land.      John Wayne was insensitive and superman's been flawed.      Robin has been killed off so Batman now stands by himself alone.      GI-Joe has lost his innocence and the mighty Casey has gone on strike...