Skip to main content

Reason for Transferring – Essay


     My reason for transferring is quite simple, I will be graduating in May from the Community College I am presently attending.  I have heard about the programs at Ithaca through some of the students and teachers at Duchess Community College and was interested enough to ask you for a brochure.  After reading it, I have come to the conclusion that I will do very well at Ithaca and wish to attend.

     The objectives that I would hope to accomplish at Ithaca are very simple.  I would like to learn as much as possible in the field of film making, as to feel comfortable in taking a job in field of film making upon graduation.  Other things that I would like to accomplish at Ithaca are to work on my fiction writing skills, to make film industry contacts and to basically enjoy the experience of being in College.  The meeting of new people and the learning of new ideas and concepts are just two of the things I look forward to.

     As for the long term goals that I hope to leave Ithaca with are a complete and lasting understanding of the film industry, and the creative and technical knowledge that will keep me working long into the future.  A long term goal I have set for myself is to write and direct my own films and maybe even have my own production company.  What I have looked for in a college and what I think Ithaca can give me are the skills I need to achieve these goals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photos

The World of Grey - Essay

      I've been trying to find a hero in this world of Grey.      Looking for something concrete in the shadows of today.         The black and white of yesterday has merged into one.      The roads to our future are blending with today.      Mixing, blending, merging closer together in every way.      Closer, and closer but somehow further apart, we stand.      Trying to find a hero in our Grey land.      I've been sitting atop silver with my mask in hand. Silver bullets at the ready, but there's not a werewolf in the land.      John Wayne was insensitive and superman's been flawed.      Robin has been killed off so Batman now stands by himself alone.      GI-Joe has lost his innocence and the mighty Casey has gone on strike.      All the bad guys are now politicians, who say there just trying to do right.      Are there any hero's allowed in a place of Grey, or have we been left to ourselves to go blind in the

Dreams of the Brother – Essay

     Three in the morning and Randy woke up with a start, he'd been dreaming about cats again.  This was the fifth time in as many night.  They were getting to him, he'd always considered himself a dog person.  So,  he couldn't understand why he'd dream about cats.  The dreams were getting worse to.  It had started with just one cat, that's all.  One persistent, little Tabby, who wouldn't leave his dream that first night.  Now though, there were hundreds, thousands maybe.      They weren't nightmares.   Not really, not in the true sense.   They were just disturbing.   The cats never did anything, they just wouldn't leave him alone.   It was all becoming to much for him.   He decided to go downstairs and get a glass of milk.   Milk, he thought, wow far to close to a cat.   I think I'll have a soda.      In the kitchen, Randy's brother Jake was sitting slumped over a glass of soda.   It was amazing. Jake looked like Randy felt.   Randy