Skip to main content

In Vino Veritas


Necessity is the father of all alcoholic's

From the gutter
I hear what words are often muttered.
Should I decide to leave
I'm afraid I wouldn't know what to say.

If I weren't a drunk
then I'd only be a bum
and I prefer to specialize.

If all we have to fear is fear itself
then let's all have a drink of bourbon
and hail ourselves
the conquering hero's.

Should liquor be spilled
and the mouse take hold
let the cat run away
and the dog be bold.

Though the long battle hours
many a bar maid has fled
the whiskey's been spilled
and you've turned sour.

The end is near
fate has spoken
all those who've made it this far must leave
It's closing time.

In empty bottles there are empty lives.
In full bottles there are hopes and dreams.

From a sip of the nectar of the Gods
to a drink from the stock of man,
ending with Nightrain in an alley,
was money turned a drunk from man.

From the gutter
my minds a flutter.
Some say twas a woman
I say more likely was my last drink
brought me to my knees.

The change from day to night.
The switch from beer to whiskey.
The progression of life, and the denial.

In the dim.
To find the dark recess.
The definition of alcohol.

Should I save myself or should I suffer.
The pure life and decadence, are one on the same.
There is pleasure in pain.
Open another bottle.

Drink or fight
fight or drink.
In the end were all condemned
to think.

Life is hurried, time is short
a Bloody Mary, and a sunrise
could go a long way.

A toast to all those who died today,
for tomorrow might be our own turn.

Should my love leave me, I'll turn to whiskey.
Should I lose my family, I'll toast them in wine.
Should my health fail me, I'll drown myself in beer.
Ah, the hell with it, just give me a drink.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photos

The World of Grey - Essay

      I've been trying to find a hero in this world of Grey.      Looking for something concrete in the shadows of today.         The black and white of yesterday has merged into one.      The roads to our future are blending with today.      Mixing, blending, merging closer together in every way.      Closer, and closer but somehow further apart, we stand.      Trying to find a hero in our Grey land.      I've been sitting atop silver with my mask in hand. Silver bullets at the ready, but there's not a werewolf in the land.      John Wayne was insensitive and superman's been flawed.      Robin has been killed off so Batman now stands by himself alone.      GI-Joe has lost his innocence and the mighty Casey has gone on strike.      All the bad guys are now politicians, who say there just trying to do right.      Are there any hero's allowed in a place of Grey, or have we been left to ourselves to go blind in the

Dreams of the Brother – Essay

     Three in the morning and Randy woke up with a start, he'd been dreaming about cats again.  This was the fifth time in as many night.  They were getting to him, he'd always considered himself a dog person.  So,  he couldn't understand why he'd dream about cats.  The dreams were getting worse to.  It had started with just one cat, that's all.  One persistent, little Tabby, who wouldn't leave his dream that first night.  Now though, there were hundreds, thousands maybe.      They weren't nightmares.   Not really, not in the true sense.   They were just disturbing.   The cats never did anything, they just wouldn't leave him alone.   It was all becoming to much for him.   He decided to go downstairs and get a glass of milk.   Milk, he thought, wow far to close to a cat.   I think I'll have a soda.      In the kitchen, Randy's brother Jake was sitting slumped over a glass of soda.   It was amazing. Jake looked like Randy felt.   Randy